I've got a lot of grading to finish for this week, but tonight I will be trying some new fondue recipes and watching Interview With a Vampire with other MTCers.
Sunday, October 2, 2011
You could have been a school book
On Friday, I taught a lesson on simile and metaphor using Motown songs because this week was homecoming, and it was a Motown theme. The student got into it, perhaps a little too much. My biggest management issue was curbing out of seat dancing (in seat dancing is technically ok, as is singing). I wanted to get them to answer higher DOK questions like "Why did the songwriter choose a metaphor here." I was tired to getting responses like "to make it more interesting," so I played "Cloud Nine" by the temptations. Ironically, only my honors class couldn't figure out the metaphor. (The answer was "to avoid offending fans and to be radio friendly")
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment